Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dirt Removal: Chapter 3

Fast forward from the joy of breaking ground and getting started on our garden in the beautiful sunshine, to five days later, at night, when I glanced outside and saw to my horror that those bags of dirt were still sitting there! My anxiety levels at an all new high, I decided to execute our plan of throwing the dirt over the fence and into the empty lot, all in pure darkness. I carried out our ladder to the backyard and found some weird little container in which to scoop the dirt. Then I attempted to make a dent in the enormous mound of dirt in one bag, trying not to look at the other 19 bulging bags, including the first few we had left in the alleyway. Just one step at a time, gotta stay positive, keep your chin up, these were my thoughts as I scooped up the dirt, climbed the ladder and threw it over. Of course, while I was doing all this, I completely forgot about the trees that are sitting in our yard and the adjacent yard because it was PITCH BLACK OUTSIDE, and so my dirt ricocheted off the branches of those sneaky trees and came flying back at me before landing right back into our backyard. After a few more throws with the exact same unsuccessful result, I gave up, and began constructing a plan D.

No comments:

Post a Comment